Today was the neighbourhood yard sale, and while I had nothing to sell, I decided to set up a face-painting booth in the driveway. After gathering my supplies, drawing up a 'flash' with different kid-friendly designs, dragging a card table and chairs up from the basement, and managing to set everything up on our very steep driveway, so none of it would fall and roll down into the road.....it began to POUR.
So I gathered up everything I could and hightailed it to the garage, watching the table and chairs get rained on. The storm luckily only lasted a few minutes, so I was able to re-set everything and got six customers before I had to leave, not bad considering there was just one sale on our street. Perhaps I'll be able to paint more tomorrow. Even if that doesn't happen, I still broke even for the cost of my paint, and I can use it for other things.
After painting faces, I went to my church to paint the sign for Vacation Bible School. It's been a long time since I painted a sign, let alone one that large (it was about 5 feet by 4 feet, double-sided) so it took a bit longer than expected, but it was fun. I usually volunteer by working with the kids during VBS, but we're going out of town this year, so I painted instead. :) That was also interrupted by a pop-up storm, but it was only a bit less tame than the first.
And I hear another storm now...ah, Indiana weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment